Tweet Follow @dunreebcutout Tweet #TwitterStories Tweet to @dunreebcutout
Cutout is a plugin for Autodesk Maya for the purpose of building real paper models out of paper from your virtual 3d models.
- Converts an arbitrary triangular mesh modeled or loaded into maya to a printable papercraft
- Papercraft is directly generated in the maya scene -- no need to export
- Handles arbitrary material (also mixed) on the mesh: textures, single colors, materials etc.
- Original mesh can be optionally deleted or kept in the scene
- Final page size of the papercraft can be limited
- The final pieces of paper can be arranged side by side, as an animation, or stacked
- Papercraft is generated axis-aligned for easy printing and/or rendering
- The size of the lugs can be adjusted
- Undo/Redo capable
- Compatibility: Windows, Mac OSX
- Demo version available