Cutout is available as standalone application for Windows or Mac OS X or as plugin for Autodesk Maya and Maxon Cinema 4D.
It's purpose is building real paper models from your virtual 3D models. Get a papercraft sheet by one single click - cut it out and glue it together to a realistic 3D-papermodel.
- Converts an arbitrary triangular mesh modeled or loaded to a printable papercraft
- Papercraft is directly generated in the 3D scene -- no need to export
- Handles arbitrary material (also mixed) on the mesh: textures, single colors, materials etc.
- Original mesh can be optionally deleted or kept in the scene
- Final page size of the papercraft can be limited
- The resulting pieces of paper can be arranged in different ways
- Papercraft is generated axis-aligned for easy printing and/or rendering
- Lugs for gluing the model will generated, its size is adjustable
- Undo/redo capable
- Compatibility: Windows, Mac OS X
- Demo version available
The standalone version has some additional features:
- Star generator
- SVG export
- optional cut and foldlines
- optional numbers as gluing hint
- Page mirroring
- Material coloring